MUSICAL FIDELITY MF A5.5 INTEGRATED AMP
Many hi-fi amplifiers are underpowered for the job they have to do. Most speakers have less than 92 db sensitivity, which means your amplifier ends up 'clipping' if it doesn't have 200-watts-per-channel or greater power delivery. This can lead to distortion and nonlinearity.
The Musical Fidelity A5.5 delivers 250-watts-per-channel power output at 8 ohms, and 400 watts at 4 ohms, and is capable of reproducing proper dynamic range. Its fabulous technical performance and delicate neutral sound complement its muscular power potential. In fact, the A5.5 sounds rather like a super quality tube amplifier, but with guts and the proper dynamic range you need for musical realism.
The A5.5's well balanced, neutral sound doesn't emphasize any frequency band, but provides accurate and even response across its full frequency response. The design experts at Musical Fidelity harness the latest generation of output transistors for improved sonic and technical performance. This amp's high peak current capability will drive a wide range of loudspeakers easily without stress.
Home Theater Bypass
The home theatre bypass switch makes it easy to include your A5.5 in a home theatre system, while the USB input allows connection to the music stored on your computer. A rear-panel connection to internal control electronics allows easy integration with multi-room control systems.
As always, this Musical Fidelity component offers exquisite aesthetics and finish along with the build quality you've come to expect from the audiophile legend.
- Integrated amp with 250 watts per channel
- USB input
- Consistently low distortion over a wide bandwidth
- High peak current
- Exquisite aesthetics and finish
- Latest generation output transistors
- Home theatre bypass
- Rear-panel connection to internal control electronics for easy integration with multi-room control systems
- Line level inputs: 4 pairs line level RCA connectors
- Phono: 1 pair phono (MM) RCA connectors
- Line level outputs: 1 pair RCA [preamp] controlled by the volume, 1 pair RCA [tape record] fixed line level
- Digital inputs: 1 USB 1.1 [32, 44.1, 48 kHz sample rates] connection
- Remote input: 3.5mm (mono) jack socket >3V pk-pk 38 kHz modulated or unmodulated
- Speaker outputs: 1 pair 4mm banana plug/binding posts per channel
- Voltage, RMS: 45 Volts 20Hz to 20 kHz Voltage, Peak-to-Peak: 127.3 Volts
- Power: 250 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (24dBW); 400 Watts per channel into 4 Ohms
- Current peak-to-peak: 75 Amps
- Damping Factor: 170
- Output devices per channel: 4
- Pre-out impedance: 50 Ohms
- THD + N, 20Hz to 20 kHz: <0.01% typical
- Signal / noise ratio: >100dB 'A'-weighted
- Input sensitivity for 250W: 330mV
- Input impedance: 38K Ohms
- Overload Margin: 30 dB
- Channel Separation: >70dB typical
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0, -0.1dB
- Phono input response: RIAA/IEC combined
- Signal / noise ratio: >96dB 'A'-weighted
- Input sensitivity: 2.5mV (Moving Magnet)
- Input impedance: 47K Ohms
- Overload margin: 30 dB