The Pime Scout
Re-introducing the audio world to the best-selling VPI table of all time! Better than the old one, better than it should be at this price! The Scout was one of the world's best-reviewed turntable! The evolution to the Prime Scout drives to push the envelope a little further with a cleaner sense of build and branding. The Prime Scout is simple to set-up, you can have the table up and running in just minutes!
The Scout 2017 Features An Upgraded 300 RPM Motor, A Sleek Curvy Design With Redesigned Feet & Motor Housing
"Rather, this is a flat-out, unconditional, "Holy Mother of Crap, I can't believe how good this thing is" recommendation. It's hard to imagine another way of spending $****.** that will add this much to your system." - Art Dudley - Sterophile
“The Scout brought a soundstage that was far more precisely defined. Bass was tighter, with less mud and boom. Treble was more extended and detail retrieval was clearly superior. Music, which was very entertaining and listenable on the *******, simply sounded clear on the scout. Insert your favorite cliché about “veil removal” and “inky-black backgrounds,” but that’s what it sounded like.” - Scott Hull TAS
- See more here:
- 1.25" thick premium textured vinyl covered MDF bonded to a 12 gauge steel plate.
- Machined 1 3/8" thick 6061 aluminum platter.
- Platter rotates on an oil bath bearing and fitted to shaft with a #2 Jacob’s Taper for a concentric rigidly mounted coupling.
- The bearing has a PEEK thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings using a Thompson Engineering 60 Rockwell case hardened shaft.
- 300 RPM AC synchronous motor is contained in a separate steel housing and drives the platter with smooth, quiet operation.
- Includes a screw down record clamp that eliminates warps
- Cartridge not included - Click here for full recommended list
- Wow and flutter: .08% WRMS
- Speed Accuracy: .08%
- Rumble: >78db down
- Overall Dimensions 19" L x 15" W x 8 ½" H
- Footprint is 18 ½" L x 14 ½" W
- 45 lbs packing weight
- Prime Platter
- VTA on the Fly
- Periphery Ring (only compatible with Prime Platter)
- Stainless Steel Center Weight
- 3D Printed tonearm
- Analog Drive System (ADS)