Bluesound Powernode 2 Music Streamer with Amplifier
Bluesound Re-invents the Integrated Amp
- Power output: 60 watts-per-channel
- Power consumption (idle): 12 watts
- Dimensions: 8.7" x 2.75" x 7.5"
- Weight: 3.8 lbs.
Bluesound re-invents the integrated amp with its new generation Powernode 2 streamer/amp with built-in aptX Bluetooth, Wi-fi, and a Gigabit Ethernet interface.
The Powernode 2 brings cutting-edge features, functionality, connectivity, and a whole lot of power to today's hi-fi landscape. Bluesound's new award-winning HybridDigital™ amplifier design has greatly increased dynamic power an high current delivery compared to the original Powernode model. It plays louder than ever before with the same zero-distortion precision audio signature that Bluesound is known for. Just add speakers for superb sounding digital playback.
High quality binding posts allow the use of high-end speaker cables and ensure even current flow to even the most demanding premium loudspeakers. Electronic crossover and a subwoofer output remain standard features, as does Bluesound's commitment to premium 2.1 stereo sound.
The Powernode 2 amplifed streaming music player delivers 60-watts-per-channel of power and crystal clear audiophile-grade sound to any room in your home. Centered around a patented HybridDigital™ power amplifer, Powernode 2 keeps your audio signal clean and pure. It is one of the fastest and highest bit-depth players on the planet!
The Powernode 2's CPU has been substantially upgraded from the previous Bluesound generation. It is one of the most powerful ARM® Cortex™ processors available and boasts A9 cores and a blazing 1 GHz clock speed. This delivers flawless decoding of lossless files at high sampling rates along with snappy response times to complex tasks. Massive computing power takes the streaming experience to new levels of responsiveness and control.
Control with Your Smartphone or Tablet
Play, pause, and select your streaming tracks from the touch-sensitive controls on the top panel. For added functionality, the Powernode 2, like all Bluesound players, is controlled from your smartphone or tablet using the free BluOS app. The app brings all you music sources together for complete control whether they are in the cloud, on your computer or phone, or from almost any other source via the various digital and analog inputs. Stream from Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, or connect to your wired LAN. Whatever the musical source, Bluesound will play it in the highest resolution, all the way up to studio master-quality 24/192 resolution.
Delivers Every Detail
The Powernode 2 delivers every detail of the world's most accurate 24-bit/192kHz studio master recordings in lossless FLAC format (assuming your speakers are up to the challenge). It also plays AAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, WMA, WMA-L, OGG, and MP3 audio formats. It is compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 and Apple Macintosh OS X 7-10 for music sharing.
Easy Setup, Impressive Performance
Unlike many other wireless audio products, the Bluesound system is incredibly easy to set up and use. And the performance is unsurpassed.
All Bluesound models have combined optical digital/analog inputs that can distribute music from a source connected to one Bluesound device to other devices on the network. All models have Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity with aptX, for one-to-one pairing with smart devices. The hallmarks of the original Bluesound line remain, including support for high-res audio to 24/192.
Bluesound Music Players
Bluesound players are designed and engineered by audiophiles. They have been tested and perfected at one of North America's most advanced sound labs by some of the same engineers and musicians who started the original hi-fi revolution in the 1970s, including PSB's Paul Barton.
Add other Bluesound components for more functionality. "The entire system is designed for easy setup with no computer required," reports Grant Clauser at ElectronicHouse.com. "Playlists can be created on the fly. Each component can be controlled individually, or grouped, so users can play different songs in each room or the same music all over the house."
New Generation 2 Features
- HybridDigital™ power amplifer
- Powerful ARM® Cortex™-A9 CPU running at 1GHz
- Improved connectivity with both Analog and Optical Inputs
- IR Sensor with remote learning function
- Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX® high-fidelity codec support
- Headphone Output with Dedicated Amplifier
- Gigabit Ethernet speed
- New advanced Wi-Fi design
- Best-in–class audio performance
- Streamer, music player, integrated amplifier
- Stream your digital music collection to your speakers
- Stream Internet radio and cloud music services
- Simple setup, easily expandable
- Up to 24/192 full res playback
- ARM Cortex A9, 1 GHz processor
- 32-bit/192kHz DAC
- Simple Touch Panel control
- iOS and Android app controllers
- WiFi and GigE Ethernet
- Digital and analog connections (see below)
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10; Apple Macintosh OS X 7-10 for music sharing
- Playback of FLAC, AAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, WMA, WMA-L, OGG, and MP3
- IR input with remote learning capability
- Black or white finish
- Ethernet/LAN: Ethernet RJ45/GigE
- WiFi (built-in): 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- Bluetooth (built-in): Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX
- Optical/analog input: Combo jack (Toslink/3.5mm mini-jack)
- USB In: Type A (Fat32 Formatted)
- USB: Type B (Mini) for product servicing
- Headphone output: 3.5mm stereo
- Subwoofer output: RCA
- Speaker terminals: 5-way binding posts
- IR optical (built-in)
- IR input: 3.5mm mini-jack
- Universal tri-pin AC cord input (100-240 AC)
- 120V AC power cable (230V AC power cable)
- Ethernet cable
- Toslink optical to 3.5mm mini adaptor
- Quick set-up guide